Island Kiss Lip Moisturisers
Island Kiss Lip Moisturisers , organic lip moisturisers .
While the Lipstick Revolution is about feminism and about fighting for women rights , what we really need to pay close attention when lipsticks are concerned are the ingredients used for the heath and safety of women around the world .
The four things about lipsticks you ought to know are –
1. Women apply lipstick or lip gloss frequently almost ingesting as much as 87 milligrams of product per day. As such it becomes mandatory to check labels for harmful chemicals.
2. Once considered a rumour that some lipsticks contain lead , it turned out to be true when the FDA tested hundreds of lipsticks following an alert issued by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics . Lead mainly affects the nervous system and harms the hormonal system.
3. Lipstick pigments contain harsh chemicals that irritate the skin and lead to darkening of lips. Other harmful effects include blockage of pores, drying and chapping of lips.
4. Mineral oil substances are also known to block pores while parabens and formaldehyde used as preservatives are considered likely to be carcinogenic in nature .
Most of us are obsessed with lipsticks and the only way to tackle the issue is to swap our lipsticks for natural of organic ones. I had been looking for a range of reputable natural lip stains in the Indian market and I am extremely happy to share that I discovered Island Kiss couple of months back .
Why Island Kiss ?
Island Kiss is a Lip Care brand inspired by Tropical Beaches across the world, fragrant coasts, salty air and lush notes of fruit and flower and here’s is why Island Kiss is one of the best range of organic lip moisturisers available in the Indian Market –
- Island Kiss Tropique Pomade contains mostly certified organic ingredients . Not all ingredients are certified organic but all of them are made from the best natural ingredients available.
- All products are plant based apart from a little organically collected beeswax and none of the products are tested on animals.
- All products are non GMO , gluten free and soy free while also include Sun protection ( SPF 15)
- Lip moisturisers are completely non toxic – free from petroleum , parabens , phthalates or sulphates. All the flavours are derived from 100 % natural sources manufactured in India and FDA food grade.
- The ingredients are purchased directly from farmers while the packaging is done in recycled material.
Let me now give you a detailed review of three of their lip moisturisers –
Puerto Berry Blush
The Puerto Berry Blush has the darkest stain compared to all the others. It looks great with mascara and can be worn for a party at night or meetings or brunches during the day .Do you want to know why the fragrance is so delicious? Of course because of the ingredients, some of which are Tropical Mango & Avocado Butter , Organic Macadamia Nut Oil , Raspberry Seed Essential Oil, Organic Beeswax etc
Rs 499 for 14 gms .
Buy here for an offer.
Cherry Blossom Flores
The Cherry Blossom Flores has a slight pinkish tint which is perfect for wearing during the day . Although , the base ingredients remain the same , I found this to have a creamier texture. The special ingredient in Cherry Blossom Flores includes Japanese Cherry Blossom Essential Oil.
Rs 399 for 14 gm.
To get a special offer, click here .
Alma Vanilla & Inges Lavender
Alma Vanilla & Inges Lavender is almost transparent so you can use it whenever you want to moisturise your lips . Lavender essential oil is best to moisturise dry or chapped skin. Lavender is also great for relaxation and aiding sleep .Vanilla essential oil is known to be a great anti-oxidant and an aphrodisiac. It can help lower fevers, as well as lower depression symptoms. Special ingredients include English Lavender Essential Oil and French Vanilla Essential Sugar Oil .
Rs 399 for 14 gm.
Buy at a special price here .
I love the products mainly because of the high quality ingredients and the shades . The lips remain moisturised over a long period of time . The product packaging definitely deserves huge applause . However, one small issue seems to be the consistency of the products as it seems to be more liquid in nature than I would have preferred. The same reason also makes it smudge a little . But if you store the balms in cooler place , the issue can be handled comfortably too .
Where to Buy ?
To buy all 3 Shades with a special offer , Click here.
To place orders , visit Island Kiss.