Vapour Organic BeautyFor many make up is a form of expression or a way of communicating their personalities. As far as I’m concerned , I like make up when used as a form of expression for certain projects . On an average day , I want make up just to enhance my features and cover minor blemishes and that’s just about it . Choosing clean make up can be tricky and although you can find a wide variety of products available online , it is important to understand how to choose a make up products that actually work for you . Let’s start with what to avoid when looking for clean make products.
What Ingredients to avoid –Lead – Although lead occurs naturally in nature , we are all aware of lead poisoning . Once considered a rumour that some lipsticks contain lead , it turned out to be true when the FDA tested hundreds of lipsticks following an alert issued by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics . Lead mainly affects the nervous system and harms the hormonal system. ( read my post on organic lip balms ) . Talc – talc has been in the news for all the wrong reasons . You may want to avoid it completely or you can look for certified and organic products . But please make sure you keep it away from your babies . Alternatives to talc are – arrowroot, cornflower , silica etc . Talc is a natural mineral with an absorbent effect that leaves the skin shine free and smooth . Fragrance – since I have extremely sensitive skin , I avoid fragrance . Most lipsticks , mascara , foundations include artificial fragrances .
What Ingredients to look for –Water , aloevera , coconut oil , jojoba oil and iron oxides . Zinc oxide – used as a white pigment and non synthetic chemical sunscreen. Kaolin also known as China Clay – kaolin is a soft white clay principally made up of mineral kaolinite .
Vapour BeautyI discovered Vapour over a year ago mainly because of the clean ingredients list . If there is one organic make up brand you want to try , start with Vapour Beauty . Here is everything you should know about the brand and about the products . Vapour is reinventing organic beauty with exceptionally pure, high-performance cosmetics and targeted skincare formulas. With Vapour you will never have to sacrifice health for beauty. Award-winning and cult-worthy, Vapour’s product range features our signature herbal infusions and Fine Art Infused Color. Everything Vapour makes contains a minimum of 70% organic ingredients. The remaining 30% consists of essential oils, vitamins and carefully selected pigments. However, we do not use essential oils in our eye products, to reduce potential irritation. Clarity, Essence, Lux, and Replenish are USDA-certified and contain only organic ingredients. * No carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, xenoestrogens, petrochemicals, sulfates, glycols, No Irradiation , No Nanoparticles , No Synthetic Fragrances , No Animal Testing , No Fillers , No Parabens , No Alcohol , No Harsh Preservatives , No FD&C Pigments , No Petroleum , No Phthalates , No Talc*
Vapour Atmosphere Luminous Foundation